Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chosen, Holy, LOVED

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. (Colossians 3:12)

Do you know what it means to be chosen, holy, and loved?

I can remember so many times when I wanted so much to be chosen, holy, loved by the worlds standards, only to be completely disappointed.

But, the truth is, I was looking for acceptance in all the wrong places.

God says in His word that though we are rejected by men, in the sight of God we are chosen and precious. 

I just love the word precious.  It means dear, beloved, of great value, cherished.  Not only did God, the One who spoke the world into existence and breathed His life into each living creature, but He calls me precious, beloved, cherished, valuable.

Oh, those words bring so much joy to my heart.  I've read these truths over and over, but today they really spoke to my heart.

1 Peter 1:2 says that because we are chosen, He has given us grace and peace in abundance.

Peace: contentment, security, rest.

Today, I am going to rest in these truths, allowing Him to fill me with His grace and peace because I am chosen, holy, loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment