I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep as my thoughts chased each other around in my mind, imagining all the worries, stresses, struggles tomorrow would bring. So, I opened up His word and was drawn to Matthew 6:25.
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?I've read this verse countless times before, but something new stirred in me. My eyes fell upon the word therefore and I remembered that therefore is a transitional word. It means as a result, consequently, in conformity with. Because the previous statement is true, this is the effect or result of it.
So, I read the previous verse to find out what the therefore was there for.
No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.Because I cannot serve two masters, I should not worry. Why? Because worry then becomes my master and I can no longer serve the one Master who really matters.
I either serve God or worry. I cannot worry, because when I worry I abandon the One who gives me all that I need and so much more, the One who is with me yesterday, today, and tomorrow, the One who knows the plans He has for me and will work all things together for good to those who love Him.
The best way I know to stop myself from worrying is to focus instead on the gifts God has given me...and so I continue counting grace.
#90 - journaling
#91 - bike rides
#92 - cool summer breeze
#93 - learning about boundaries
#94 - almond-milk shakes
#95 - gluten free pizza crust and dairy free cheese
#96 - encouraging words
#97 - movie dates and late night talks after the little ones are asleep
#98 -shopping adventures on rainy days
#99 - public libraries
#100 - being called chosen, holy, and loved
#101 - grace and peace that are mine in abundance
#102 - sleeping in late
#103 - being able to make a difference for such a time as this
#104 - knowing the secret of contentment - that in Him I really do have everything I need
#105 - a walk in the park before bed
#106 - sharing my heart with a sweet mommy friend while our little ones played at the park
#107 - focus on the family radio
#108 - smell of blooming lilacs filling the house
#109 - K-LOVE radio streaming on my computer

And in the giving thanks - you chase those worries away! Your eyes are then fixed on Him.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Beautiful! Thanks for the reminder!
Stacey
stopping by from Multitude Monday
Well, this is EXACTLY (and I mean, exactly) what I needed to hear, Stephanie! Thanks for the encouragement... I think we go through the same things at the same time sometimes!
ReplyDelete