Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seventh Generation Review & Giveaway

This giveaway is now CLOSED!  Congratulations to Melissa for winning this great prize!


As most of you know, I am all about natural and organic products for my family, because I want to avoid using unnecessary chemicals and preservatives that might be harmful for my family.  I've learned to make my own laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent, use cloth diapers, wipes, and pads, and buy natural personal care products such as Earth Mama Angel Baby and Melaleuca.  I hadn't, however, figured out a natural cleaning product that I liked...until I found Seventh Generation.  Thanks to my friend, Amanda's suggestion, I contacted Seventh Generation to inquire about a review and giveaway and was so excited with their quick response and willingness to offer a great kit for review and giveaway on my blog.

I was even more excited when the THREE big boxes arrived...


...and when I opened it up to find all these wonderful full-size products to review along with a cute reusable shopping bag.


I received the Healthy Home Starter Kit.  Here are all the goodies that were inside:
  • Disinfecting Multi-Surface Spray
  • Disinfecting Bathroom Spray
  • Disinfecting Wipes, 35 Count
  • Free & Clear All Purpose Cleaner
  • Free & Clear Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
  • Shower Cleaner
  • Toilet Bowl Cleaner
  • Tub & Tile Cleaner
  • Natural Paper Towels
  • Seventh Generation Recycled Bag
As a mom of two little ones, I obviously have very little time for cleaning.  I used this kit as motivation to get some much needed bathroom and basement cleaning done.  My neighbor and I are doing a rummage sale this weekend, so I was sorting through and purging stuff in our basement.  As I cleaned and reorganized, I used the All Purpose Cleaner to wipe off shelves.  While cleaning the bathroom, I used the Bathroom Disinfection Spray, Tub & Tile Cleaner, and Toilet Bowl Cleaner.

Here's what I love about these products:
  • No over-powering smell as with most household cleaners, so I didn't feel like I was going to suffocate while cleaning out our tiny little bathroom.  
  • Safe for your family and the environment, so I don't have to worry about harsh chemicals and toxins when my little ones want to take a bath right after I clean the tub.
  • Many of the products are hypo-allergenic, so I don't have to worry about my sensitive skin breaking out if it gets on my hands while I'm cleaning.
  • The Toilet Bowl Cleaner did wonders on getting rid of some stains I've been fighting with thanks to hard water.
I honestly don't have any criticism of these products, except that they cost a bit more than other cleaners, but that's because they don't include all the cheap and unsafe ingredients in most household cleaners.  I also wish it was available in more stores, because sometimes I have to really search to find some of their products.

Here's an interesting tidbit of information about Seventh Generation - "The company derives its name from the Great Law of the Iroquois that states, "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." Every time you use a Seventh Generation product you are making a difference by saving natural resources, reducing pollution, keeping toxic chemicals out of the environment and making the world a safer place for this and the next seven generations."  I think it's so important to take care of the environment in the best way possible, because it is a gift from our Creator God.

Now to the fun part - Seventh Generation has offered to give one of my readers the same kit I received to review.  To enter, leave me a comment letting me know one of Seventh Generation's products you would love to try.

For extra entries (optional, but don't count until the first entry is completed):
  • Join the Seventh Generation Nation to get some great coupons to use on their products.
  • 'Like' Seventh Generation on Facebook.
  • Let me know another interesting tidbit you learned about Seventh Generation from their website.
  • Follow my blog through Google Friend Connect or by email subscription (but make sure you verify your subscription). 
  • Follow me AND Seventh Generation on Twitter.
  • Tweet this giveaway (once per day) including @Mom2Valerie AND @SeventhGen in your tweet and leave the permalink of your Tweet in the comments.
Also, don't forget to leave your email address in your comment if it is not visible already in your blogger profile, so I can contact you if you are the winner.

This giveaway will end on Thursday, July 8th at 10:00 pm CST.

Disclaimer: I received these products free of charge, but was not paid to give my opinion.  The opinions expressed here are completely my own.

28 comments:

  1. I would love to try the tub and tile cleaner. I have already used their laundry detergent for lil Panini's things, so I would venture out to use their cleaning products. Sometimes the first comment doesn't win, but I hope I win and we can swap stories cousin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome giveaway!!! i would love to try any of the dishwasher cleaners. gel pacs, liquid or powder

    ReplyDelete
  3. i belong to seventh generation nation. love the coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i 'like' seventh generation nation on fb

    ReplyDelete
  5. i follow both of you guys on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. all right...I would like to get the all purpose cleaner!
    I used Seventh Generation diapers with Erencan. Bleach/dye-free for no rashes.

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't tried their dipes!! I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a member of the 7th gen nation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these products! I've been trying them out ever since Amanda posted about them! So far I've tried the multi-purpose cleaner and two of the detergents and so far so good!

    Anyhow...I am already a member of the Seventh Gen Nation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to try their diapers on our girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Went to their website and learned that Seventh Gen also donates 10% of their profits to organizations that also work for postive change. That's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i went to their website and learned that seventh generation are now taking recycled milk bottles and turning them into seven generation dish soap bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. okay, so i retweeted this and i have no idea how to do a permalink....so if you could help me i will prove it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm part of the Seventh Generation Nation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I 'Like' Seventh Generation on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. On the Seventh Generation website I learned that the most effective air-cleaning houseplants are the Boston fern, areca palm, lady palm, bamboo palm, rubber plant, English Ivy, ficus, and peace lily. I think I might have to see if we can get a ficus :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to try to tub cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to try there laundry soap. I have not tryed there diapers but I have heard that they are also good.
    Melissa Kruger

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have tried almost all their products and can't think of another one i'd like to try. although i love their disinfectant

    ReplyDelete
  20. part of the seventh generation nation

    ReplyDelete