"As holy joy is the heart and soul of thankful praise,
so thankful praise is the lip and language of holy joy."
I was so convicted as I read this that in failing to continue counting 1000 gifts, I've failed to use that beautiful language of thankful praise. And in failing to use that language, I've also failed to find that holy joy He promises in His word.
There's a reason Ann's book has created such a phenomenon. We are called to a life of joy, but joy only comes when we lift our voices in praise of the One who has already blessed us with so many good gifts.
Sara started another beautiful movement of choosing joy. And the way to choose joy is to focus on the blessings, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant.
Because when we focus on the blessings, giving thanks to the One who so graciously gives us all things, we can really count it all joy, no matter what our circumstances are.
Sara is a beautiful example of someone whose circumstances made it hard to choose joy, but she never let her circumstances define her. She chose to count it all joy.
(To read more of Sara's story, check out her blog or sign up for this weekend's (in) real life by (in)courage to be blessed with a video retelling of her story. I'm so looking forward to tuning in this weekend.)
***
So, continuing where I left off, better late than never...
88. Dinner cooking in the crock pot.
89. Realizing that "the less you own, the less owns you" and majorly decluttering to simplify our lives.
90. This post from (in)courage and The Mom Creative reminding me about the lie of perfection and having it all together.
91. An all-knowing, ever-present God who knows the hurts and fears we hold deep in our hearts and hears our every cry.
92. His mercies that are new every morning.
93. Finally getting some relief from morning sickness thanks to a prescription from my doctor.
94. This blog and these resources to encourage me on my own gluten free journey.
95. Sharing these moments of truth with my little ones and the blessing of a the faith of a child.
96. The sweet memories of my grandparents that give me joy and comfort on days when I miss them so much in hurts.
97. Deuteronomy 6:6-9 and being blessed with this mission to train my children in the way they should go.
98. Slowing down to enjoy those fleeting rocking chair moments.
99. Finding a new and even better way to edit photos after Picnik decided to close its doors.
100. This truth in the midst of so many heavy burdens: "But as long as there is Jesus, the burden will be lighter, the road a little easier, and the future more hopeful."
101. A weekend getaway with my hubby and free tickets to Family Life's A Weekend To Remember.
102. Little baby kicks reminding me that all this sickness and exhaustion is worth it.
103. This quote from Shiela Walsh shared on another facebook page: "Peace is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ."
104. My healthy living journey and the One who has brought me this far.
105. This truth about real beauty for those days when I don't feel beautiful: "Inner beauty comes from accepting our weaknesses and offering them to God. Beauty is seen in being genuine and spending time with God. It’s about who you are when no one is looking. It’s about fearing God."
106. Psalm 118:24-26 and the One who knew our need better than us.
107. A cheerleader for those days when motherhood is just plain exhausting.
108. My growing belly and a healthy, strong heartbeat.
109. Fresh mango on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
110. A crock pot full of a delicious chicken stew dinner.
111. Magic erasers that wipe little doodles off our freshly painted walls.
112. Sunlight streaming through the kitchen.
113. The hard work of a high school work crew to clean up our yard.
114. A new front door installed by my hard working husband and many other house projects he has finished well.
115. My missing camera charger found (in the van...when did I put it there???).
116. A $3 vinyl tablecloth that fits our kitchen table and curtains perfectly.
117. A visit from Ted's mom and gifts from grandma for the kids.
118. Every little bit of food that I'm able to eat without throwing up right now.
119. This truth: "God doesn't want me to be skinny; He wants me to be His."
120. Two FREE Shutterfly photo books and FREE shipping.
121. This truth written on another facebook page one day: "God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do."
122. A husband who has loved me for the better and for the worse.
123. Hearing God speak to me so clearly during a Sunday morning devotion time.
124. The blessing of sweet sister-friends who love me no matter how much of a mess I am...and that I don't have to be afraid to be real with them.
125. Learning to receive His grace, because I am my own worst critic.
126. Singing songs with the kids during morning bath time.

It so wonderful to come together and share our blessings and thankfulness
ReplyDeletethat GOD allows us to have and enjoy !!! Stopping by from Multitude on Monday
Have a great 1440 today and each day
Glenna
thank you for this lovely post...I loved "As holy joy is the heart and soul of thankful praise,
ReplyDeleteso thankful praise is the lip and language of holy joy." from Matthew Henry. I shared it and it seems to have gone on...http://dschondog.wordpress.com/
Blessings to you :)
Aw. Loved the grandparent one. I lost two of mine in the last two years and it does hurt but the sweet memories are just lovely. And mangos... yum.
ReplyDeleteI love so many things on this list, especially 91 and 100. I recently got a copy of Matthew Henry's commentary on the Bible--it's fabulous! So glad I visited here today, such an encouragement!
ReplyDeleteI used your commentary quote when Susan posted it on Facebook. She said she got it here. I was blessed to come here. Thanks for your testimony!
ReplyDeleteDawn