A friend whose baby girl is in the hospital with bronchitis and breathing problems.
A friend whose heart aches for the little ones who left her womb too soon.
A friend whose cancer has returned...while she is pregnant with her sixth child.
A friend whose baby girl is in the hospital again with dehydration and has already been through so much in her short life.
A friend who continues to grieve the loss of a little one taken from her arms too soon.
A friend struggling with pre-term labor with her almost 32 week twins.
And still my heart aches for the grandfather and grandmother I loved so dearly and miss so deeply.
And as these aches flood my weary mind, all I can think is, "be near, Lord Jesus, be near".
Because I don't understand the why or the how or the what of all that is happening, but He knows and He is not at all surprised.
I think of our Pastor's sermon on James 1:1-4 and the reminder that life is hard, but God is still good.
Still, there are times where the ache is just too great, the burden too heavy...and all I can do is fall to my knees and lay them all at His feet.
Because He hears and He answers...maybe not always the answer or the timing we expect, but that is because our human minds cannot begin to comprehend all He has planned for His people.
And still there is sin that wreaks havoc on this world, filling it with natural disasters, broken hearts, loved ones lost, and sickness that returns.
As long as there is sin in the world, the ache will never go away.
But as long as there is Jesus, the burden will be lighter, the road a little easier, and the future more hopeful.

You still have until NOON (CST) today to enter my Sam's Club Review & Giveaway for a $25 gift card!
I know you, have a gentle spirit for the heart of God.
ReplyDelete