Photo credit: bedrocan
Yesterday morning, God spoke to me during my devotions like never before. I'm not making this up, friends...
I emailed a sweet friend on Saturday after a rough day and asked for her prayers. For reasons she didn't understand except that God prompted her, she responded to me before her morning devotions with Isaiah 12:2.
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and will not be afraid; for the LORD God is my strength and my son, and has become my salvation.Then, as I was listening to some Contemporary Christian music on pandora, every single song was just what God wanted me to hear.
First, it was Lead Me to the Cross by Chris & Conrad, reminding me to come to Him, to lay my burdens at His feet, because He bore it all at the cross.
Lead me to the cross where you love poured out.Then, it was The Same God by Newsong reminding me to take all my fear and doubt because the same God with me then is with me now; He is faithful and will never leave me or forsake me.
The same God with you then is with you now. The same God who led you in will lead you out. So, take all the fear and doubt, go on and lay them down. The same God, the same God is with you now.As I pondered the words of these songs and praised God for speaking so clearly to me, I heard another email come through - another blessing of a sweet friend being His hands. She emailed me a Jesus Calling devotion she had read just after emailing me earlier.
When you are shaken out of your comfortable routines, grip My hand tightly...Say yes to the ways I work in your life. Trust me and don't be afraid.And then, the very next song that played was this song by Josh Wilson - Before the Morning. The words were like a whisper straight from His mouth to my ears.
I could feel His arms around me, His peace that surpasses understanding, and I knew everything would be okay. He's got this one.Do you wonder why you have to feel the things that hurt you? If there's a God who loves you, where is He now?Would you dare to believe that you still have a reason to sing? Cause the pain you've been feeling - it can't compare to the joy that's coming.

this is beautiful. So glad to have "found" eachother...because, I think we went to High school together {A. North?}. haha. how funny. our worlds coming together this way :)
ReplyDelete