Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tour of America's Dairyland

We've had a busy week planning and having a rummage sale and enjoying some fourth of July fun, so I'm really behind on pictures and blogging.  Here's a post I've been working on all week.  More to come as soon as I finish sorting through pictures.  Hope you are enjoying your 4th of July.  I am reminded once again of all the freedoms we are blessed with in America and am so thankful for all the sacrifices many men and women have made in the last 234 years to keep this land of the free and home of the brave.

***

While my hubby is partial to mountain biking, he has done a few road races.  Last year, he did two races as part of the Tour of America's Dairyland and decided to try out another race this year.

One of the races was the day after my cousin's wedding and just happened to be near where my parents live.  My whole family came out to cheer him on.  Ted raced well and finished 12th in a field of 44.  His teammate, Nick, finished 17th.

Appleton, Cat 3 Crit, #1
teammates, Ted & Nick, secretly plotting their winning strategy

Appleton, Cat 3 Crit, #6
I love this picture, because it is all blurry except for our favorite rider!

Appleton, Cat 3 Crit, #8
an early break away

Appleton, Cat 3 Crit, #7
Another great photo, this time focusing on the Ted and Nick

Spectators #1
Sweet Pea and Aunt Melissa

Spectators #5
Silly Miss V with Great Grandma V and Grandma

Appleton, Cat 3 Crit, #14


Ted and I also took the kids to watch the Pro Men's race on Friday, June 25th.  It was an exciting race to watch, but apparently not exciting enough for our Little Pumpkin.

Pro Race 9

exciting sprint finish for 1st and 2nd

Pro Race 5
tired little man

1 comment:

  1. YOu got some awesome race pictures!!!!!!!!

    Love the kiddo ones too - they are always precious!

    ReplyDelete