"Unplug often to get refreshed. You’ll see your true self when you look for your reflection in the eyes of souls not the glare of screens." (Ann Voskamp)
It is good to take a break, to walk away from the glare of screens...in order to refocus on His truths, what He has already spoken to my heart but my mind is so clogged with this world that I can no longer hear.
And in response, He has filled me with an insatiable desire for Him, so much so that I find myself coming back for more morning, noon, and night. And slowly, He fills my mind with the things that Paul spoke of in Philippians 4:8.
Not to say I am perfect, because I am far from it. There is only one man who has achieved perfection...and He was God in the flesh. I am letting Him work in me to change this heart of sin into a heart for Him.
He is still writing my story and will continue the work He began in me, so that one day, when I am face to face with Him who is my life's breath, I may be "perfect and complete, lacking in nothing" (James 1:4). And that is the prize for which I will continue running this race with endurance and steadfastness.
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."
(Hebrews 12:1-2 ESV)

No comments:
Post a Comment