Monday, February 27, 2012

My Blog Spark: Sam's Club Review & Giveaway

This year, my husband and I have committed to being wise with our money and learning to be frugal with what we do buy. With another one on the way, we know that finances will only get tighter as we add another mouth to feed. But, we know that children are truly a blessing from the Lord and we would much rather have more kids than more money. Still, it makes it harder and harder to think about how we should or shouldn't spend our money.

We decided before our firstborn arrived to do cloth diapers and now that our third child will be using the same cloth diapers I bought/made for our firstborn, it really has been a way to live frugally. I've also found ways to be frugal about household cleaners by making our own and am learning how to be frugal with groceries while still eating healthy by avoiding processed foods, making things from scratch, and not buy unnecessary "luxuries" unless there is a little wiggle room in our budget.

When I recieved an opportunity from MyBlogSpark for Sam's Club, I knew it would be a blessing to our family to be able to buy a few necessities and bless another blogging friend with a gift card too. We do not have a Sam's Club membership, but I've often gone their with my mom. I love that you can buy things in bulk at a good price and their produce is SO good too. On our last visit to my mom's house, she took us on a shopping adventure there. The kids loved it because they were giving out all kinds of food samples so they ate their way through the store. I had fun just browsing through the store and then deciding the best way to spend our gift card.

Here is what I ended up purchasing:


Since we are all about fresh produce here, I was excited to get some grapes and bananas that we could enjoy. The kids love grapes, but I only buy them when the price is right. This large tub of grapes was less than $6, so I was more than happy to let our little ones indulge in one of their favorite fruits. We were also out of bananas, so I snatched up a bundle of them. I sometimes think our kids are really monkeys, because they are always sneaking bananas when I'm not looking.

I also knew we had some of my favorite mango salsa at home, but were out of chips, so I grabbed that huge bag of chips for less than $5. (Now if only the salsa lasted as long as the chips!) I also knew we could use some kid's shampoo and Boogie Wipes (which came in handy when we all got colds this week to keep our noses from becoming bright red and sore). Altogether my total came to just over $25 for a few things we could use but didn't necessarily have room in the budget for.

Sam's Club also has a great promotion going on right now for baby products.  For a limited time, through February 29th, you can get a $10 Sam's Club Gift Card when you purchase any two baby items.  For more offer details check out SamsClub.com/giftcardoffer.  


Now for the fun part...one of YOU will be able to win the other $25 gift card I was given for this review/giveaway. To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment. You can get an extra entry for liking my Facebook page too. The giveaway will end on Friday, March 2nd at noon (CST).

Disclosure: I received Sam's Club gift cards from My Blog Spark for FREE in exchange for my review, but the opinions expressed here are completely my own. 

 

8 comments:

  1. how fun of a giveaway!! i love sams!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEy so i read your blog all the time AND go to sams! Can't wait to see you Friday! Oh and i finally liked you on facebook! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love sam's and even upgraded to the membership where you can shop early, this was sort of needed since it's quite a trip over to our nearest and we're usually there during their early hours.

    I love their book section and even bought a beautiful purple bible there for just $16. I checked online and other book stores such as amazon etc., were charging almost $40 for the same bible. I also love their movie section while it's not large it seems to have something for everyone. My dad purchased his entire Little House on the Prairie tv series one season at a time from Sam's club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't found a place cheaper for very common household items we use...plus love their baby wipes. not too lotion-y, not too thick, not too thin. it's where I get boogie wipes too! hope I can win and stock up on the common tiems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. liked your girl of grace page on fb too cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie! I've really enjoyed poking around on your blog. Looks like you keep busy with some really neat projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love sam's club. we used to buy all of our diapers there. and actually will buy our sposies there if we need them still. my favorite part is the snacks. and like someone mentioned above i ADORE their book section. when we had our last date night we went to sam's and it was so nice i wandered the book section for a half hour. and it isn't even that big! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fun! We're (shhhh) Costco people in our house, but I'd love a chance to scope out the inside of a Sam's. Thanks for hosting! {omyfamilyblog} at {gmail} dot {com}

    ReplyDelete