Photo credit: knowhimonline
I'm joining the 31 Days series with a 31 Days of Devotions here. I've been struggling to find a way to write from my heart again, so I decided to begin where my heart is - His word. I will be sharing a different theme each day, sort of a word study of words of encouragement and hope that have meant a lot to me recently. Some days I may post more than once if there are other things I want to share about our day to day life, but there will always be a 31 Days post every day for the month of October. I hope you will join in every day and share your own thoughts. And, of course, for more 31 Days posts, go here.
Photo credit: Himalayan Trails
"Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long." (Psalm 25:5)
According to Strong's, the word truth means faithfulness, stability, reliability, sureness. I love these definitions, because what I seek most is to feel safe and secure. No matter how much chaos fills my days, God is always there to remind me that His promises are sure and that He is always, always faithful.
Matthew Henry explains that truth here is the same as path. Because when He leads us on the right path, it is the way of truth. And that way is only found in Christ. "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). "When we enquire for truth, we need learn no more than the truth as it is in Jesus", Matthew Henry says, for "Christ is both the way and the truth, and therefore we must learn Christ."
Because Christ is the only truth that is reliable, sure, stable, and faithful, it is His truth that I must seek. And it's not just a decision I make right now...it's a continuous daily choice to follow the way of truth. It's hard to see the truth though, because Satan desires nothing more than to lead me astray with lies. Sometimes, those lies are wrapped up in words that sound good and right...but underneath it is just an ugly attempt to make me stumble. My prayer, then, is the same as the words of Psalm 25:5 - lead me and teach me, Lord, in the way of truth...for You I will wait all the day long.


No comments:
Post a Comment