Wednesday evening we drove to my parents' house to spend the night. My sisters, my mom, my aunt Sheri, and I had our first annual Girls' Night Out while the guys watched the two babies. It was SO wonderful to have a night out without the kids. We went to Olive Garden and all ordered soup, salad, and bread sticks - YUM! We had a super sweet waitress from Jamaica - wish I had gotten a picture of her, but I was too busy laughing as she told us stories and joked around with us. She did take a picture of us though, so we could document it (or, rather, so I could blog about it ;).
That night, Ted and I didn't get much sleep, because our Sweet Pea decided she was not too happy to be sleeping in a different place. We ended up having her in bed with us, but it took us until 1:30 am to finally settle her down. Thankfully, our Little Pumpkin only woke up once in the middle of the night and didn't seem to be bothered by his big sister's screaming one bit.
Thursday morning, Ted and my brother, DJ, got all geared up for the Turkey Trot. I decided to stay in the warmth of my parent's house, but my mom braved the cold and took some pictures for me.
In the afternoon, my family enjoyed watching the Packers beat the Lions in the annual Turkey Bowl while our little family of four took a much needed nap.
Finally, we headed to my grandparents' home for dinner with my dad's family. All but one of my dad's seven siblings were there with most of their families, so we had quite the crowd - it took FIVE tables to seat us all for dinner! My grandpa led us in a Thanksgiving prayer, thanking everyone for all their support after his heart attack and thanking God for protecting and healing him - there were many teary eyes, because we came so close to losing him. It made me SO thankful for the wonderful family God has blessed me with - you can ALWAYS count on them to be there in your time of need.
One of the best memories of the evening was listening to all my aunts, my dad, and my grandpa singing around the piano. It reminded me of Christmases long ago when everyone lived close by and would fill my grandparents' home year after year with laughter and singing. All of my dad's family were blessed with beautiful singing voices and they always sing in sweet harmony - it was the most beautiful sound!
I hope you and your family enjoyed a blessed Thanksgiving too!
















Hey! Great photos :) of course I just love those diaper covers :) Too cute! How nice was it to have a girl's night out? I am gearing up for my first one this weekend... a FULL night and morning with no baby because i am going to Madison - still a little nervous for it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Ted and DJ for completing the 1/2 marathon! Way To Go!!
LOL!! The fly swatter caption was cracking me up and I loved "pass the pumpkin" too. ha! You're so funny :D It looks like you had a fabulous holiday!! I'm so glad to hear that!
ReplyDeleteI love all of the photos and the way you have them posted. So cute and the captions are funny too! I am so glad you had such a great holiday with your family. Family is the best!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! Love the way you've done the pictures and it sounds like you had an amazing time! I wish I could be a part of your family...the good food, the singing...sounds so awesome!
ReplyDeleteLove the pumpkin's bum cover - too cute! I am looking forward to meeting you and your son at Cupcake 10!
ReplyDelete