This year, every time I look at this precious sleeping baby God has blessed me with, I am reminded of how He chose to humble himself to be born here on earth. He chose to become a helpless little baby who would grow up with all the challenges, pains, and heartaches that we experience in this world. He chose to be born in a lowly manger among the animals. He chose his birthplace as Bethlehem though "small among the clans of Judah" (Micah 5:2).
Why?
- Because He is Immanuel, "God with us". "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).
- Because "in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted" (Hebrews 2:17-18)
- So we could imitate His humility, "Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!" (Philippians 2:6-8)
What SIGHTS remind YOU this year of the precious baby born in a manger?


What a sweet reminder you have! It is such a blessing that you have recogninzed what you have and have taken the time to stop and enjoy! They do grow so fast. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!
ReplyDeleteAwesome reminder! I felt like I always knew God's love, but when I had my own child, I really get it a lot more. How great is unconditional love!
ReplyDeleteWow, this post is so beautiful, Stephanie!! Now, every time I see a little baby I'll remember how my Savior came! And that is such an PRECIOUS picture of your little pumpkin!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about my little linky!! I fixed it and posted you! Thanks so much for sharing with us!
Great post Stephanie! Almanzo looks so much like Valerie now! So cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow precious -- what a beautiful little baby ... you are so bleseed! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your post! what a beautiful thing. I love looking at new babies around Christmas. Last year at church we even had a newborn as our baby JEsus... it was precious! :)
ReplyDeleteSweet post. New babies are a precious gift!
ReplyDeleteGod definitely loved us so much to send us His Son.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great picture and an even better reminder.
ReplyDeleteEven time I see a nativity scene (or when I finally put ours up) it brings back the real reason for the season.
Very nice post! My daughter was born on Christmas day... that is an amazing reminder. :)
ReplyDelete