I rise in the early morning to my son's hunger cries but remain awake for the hunger cries in my soul.
Turning to His words, the only food that fully satisfies, I listen for His still, small voice to quiet my soul's grumblings.
As I read, He speaks to my thoughts, clouded by the darkness of night and the looming storm of the anxiety that is always there.
You have a gift. I gave it to you as part of my perfect plans for you, dear one. Use it for Me.
I look at my hands, the lines of my story etched in my skin and they itch to write, to pour out the Truths He writes on my heart.
I have been broken and without Him I am still a mess.
But He knows that my broken pieces, like shards of clay, can still be used as writing tablets, a place where He can display His beautiful message.
And so I write, allowing His story in me to spill out of my brokenness.
And as the words spill out, I remember the One who was broken and poured out for me.
Linking up with Lisa-Jo and a community of Five Minute Friday writers.



What a powerful post. Thank you for sharing it with me this morning. Stopping in from Five Minute Friday.
ReplyDelete"I have been broken and without him I am still a mess". Beautifully true! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love the image of the broken pieces becoming writing tablets. Beautiful! Thanks so much for this!
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYour words are so touching and soothing. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteSweet Stephanie, I see Jesus in you... in spite of the previous comment, I see nothing proud about this. You are allowing yourself to be used by God, in spite of brokenness and pain. You recognize that without Him you are "a mess". You have a beautiful, important story to share, one that God has been using to help heal me in my depression. Satan would tempt you to despair, to remind you of the guilt within, but look up -- Jesus is there taking on your sin and pain. Love & hugs...
ReplyDelete