2011 was the year of blessings through raindrops, but you were the year of rejoicing always, no matter what trials I faced. You brought joy in the midst of tears as I said goodbye to another grandparent. The memories of the 28 years I was blessed to know and love my great grandma are bittersweet, but coming together as a family - her legacy - as we cared for her in her last days and celebrated her life filled me with a joy I cannot explain.
You brought unexpected joy as my family welcomed not one, but two new little ones. I never imagined this would be the year I would become a mom of three...or that his birth would bring healing in such a beautiful and perfect way to my heart. I still find myself breathless when I wake up in the morning with three children smiling and calling me mommy.
You changed me and challenged me to grow in ways I didn't expect. I have cried and grieved and ached...but I have also laughed and rejoiced and embraced this beautiful life I've been given. You taught me what Paul meant when he said he had learned to be content, because this has been a year of learning to find joy even in the storms.
You have shown me that even in the storms, there are promises of rainbows on the other side...and that there is One who is not frightened and does not run away from the thunder and lightning, but holds my hand and leads me through, step by step.
Thank you, 2012, for teaching me what joy really means...but I am ready to say goodbye and embrace the fresh start of a new year.
So, goodbye 2012...
...and hello 2013.
It really does sound like 2012 brought a lot of healing for you. Which is so amazing! Your three little kiddos are so precious! Unfortunately, it brought it share of heartache as well. Hope 2013 is completely amazing to you and your family!
ReplyDelete