When she spoke, you would stop whatever you were doing just to hear her stories, because she carried stories of the past, present, and future with her every day. And if you closed your eyes and listened carefully, you could almost see and feel and breathe the stories she told.
Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and wish for just one day more. The day we found out our littlest peanut was growing in my womb, I thought of her. She loved children and would gladly take the time to hold, rock, and talk with the littlest ones. Oh, how she would have loved to meet her two newest great grandchildren.
There are days that the grief still so overwhelms me I can't breathe. But there are also days that the memories of the nearly 28 years I was blessed to have her here make me smile and laugh, even through the tears. I am so grateful for every single one of those years and for the woman who helped shape me into the woman I am today.
Just yesterday, my daughter asked about her great mommy. She often wears a little gold bracelet that used to belong to my grandma and every time she says, "my great mommy give this to me". I smile as tears glisten my eyes and tell her, "yes, and oh how she loved you, so very much".
Linking up with Bigger Picture Blogs for this year's Twas The Write Before Christmas. Check out this year's prompts here and join in the fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment