I have really grown to love this little space I call home online. If this space remained empty, I knew I would feel pressured to fill it...but I also knew the exhaustion that comes with having a newborn would make it hard for me to find words or time to write. So, I sent out a request to several women whose blogs and friendships have meant so much to me in the years since I began this journey of motherhood and many of them responded with eagerness to help fill this space with their own words of encouragement and wisdom.
I've so enjoyed reading and sharing their words and I hope you have too. In case you missed any of these beautifully written guest posts, you can follow these links below to read and be blessed by their words. And to each of the women who shared this space with me for the past month, thank you so very much.
***
While this blog was so well taken care of, I've enjoyed savoring every moment with our newest son. We love every precious little piece of him and it's truly hard to imagine our lives without him now that he is finally here. My two big kids love taking turns holding him and talking to him, marveling and giggling at every little sound or new movement he makes. There have certainly been moments that have overwhelmed me, but I have learned a lot in the past few years about how His grace is more than sufficient and that His mercies are new every morning.
The house is rarely clean these days and sometimes I forget how many days it's been since I last showered (or had a quiet moment to myself), but I know this time is fleeting, because life truly is a vapor. Already, our sweet baby boy is starting to lift his head on his own, roll onto his side, and coo and smile at the sound of our voices...and before we know it he will be running alongside his brother and sister.
My husband has been a huge support too and I am so grateful to be walking this journey of parenthood with him by my side. I wake every morning to the sound of him quietly preparing breakfast and whispering to the big kids so I can capture a few more moments of sleep before he heads off to work. On the nights when our littlest one is fussy and refusing to sleep, my husband has held my hand and rubbed my back as I cry tears of exhaustion.
When I look at the mess of laundry and dishes and messes piled throughout our house, he gently redirects my gaze to him and reminds me that the mess can wait for another day, because these little ones are already growing way too fast. So, for now, I am counting the little blessings throughout the day and reminding myself that I am blessed with the privilege of raising these three beautiful and healthy children...and that this calling is a great and honorable one.
***
Be sure to come back tomorrow for a fun review/giveaway from Happy Family.

Enjoy these moments. They fade all too quickly as our children grow. So thankful that I could assist in writing a guest post for you. It was an honor.
ReplyDeleteLovely. And true. And relevant. Your family is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love your family! I love that your husband is so supportive and that your house is a mess! Enjoy all the little moments!!
ReplyDelete