These words are from one of my favorite worship songs, and
they are also some of the truest words I have ever uttered. The first time I heard this song I was so
overcome with thankfulness that I could not even sing. Just to sit and soak in the words; “your love
never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me.”
I know from my “All My Life Sunday School” badge that God’s
love can’t fail, it won’t fail, He will always love us. But how often do I find myself really
believing that, well, that’s a different story.
My head knows the right answer, but my heart cannot fathom it. Many, many, many times I feel like I have
failed. I am a mom, and I know all of
you that are parents can relate to feeling like a failure. Parenting is such a humbling job, I mean
really humbling. I used to be a great
parent, before I had kids!
But one thing I am not only learning but truly applying is
love and grace. Not just giving it, but
receiving it. What good is it to know
that God loves me, but not actually feel lovable?
***
Kate is the blogger at The Ferguson Family 4, where she
writes about faith, family, food, and fun.
She is married to her high school sweetheart, and they have two little
girls. Kate loves to craft, write, take
pictures, and encourage other Pastor’s Wives like herself. You can connect with her here: Blog
(www.thefergusonfamily4.com) Facebook (www.facebook.com/thefergusonfamily4) Twitter
(@katelynferguson)
This post is part of a series of guest posts written by several bloggers as I take a little writing sabbatical to focus on our new little blessing.


No comments:
Post a Comment