As much as I'd love to post beautiful and meaningful words about Easter and all that it means...today is a day that will forever be etched on my heart and the memories have been flooding my mind all week.
My pastor told me once that even 10+ years after his mom died, he still cries sometimes...and now I understand why. It's been two years...and sometimes I still miss my grandpa so much it hurts.
Add to that the fresh wound of grieving for my grandma...and, well, my heart is aching.
Two nights ago, I couldn't fall asleep until almost 1 in the morning. My mind was racing with so many thoughts...until it settled on the fact that I just miss my grandparents more than I can put into words.
I sat down and wrote in my journal as the tears came. Words I thought I would share here...but that I just needed to process for my own broken heart.
I can never forget those days before Easter Monday two years ago...the hearts breaking, the tears falling, the hours waiting. Two years...and I don't think this ache will ever go away...

No comments:
Post a Comment