Photo credit: Adam Prince
As I reflected on all that was 2011 for me, I started to think about the promise and hope that this year holds. I know I have come a long way in the past year and I want 2012 to be the year that I continue to grow and find myself complete in the joy of the Lord. With that in mind, I have a few measurable goals I want to achieve this year.
1. Lose 20 more pounds. Last year I lost 30 pounds and found myself back at my pre-pre pregnancy weight. This year, I want to reach my goal weight and continue maintaining my weight loss through healthy eating and exercise.
2. Memorize His word each week. I bought a little pocket calendar from Dayspring during their after Christmas sale. Every week there is one bible verse highlighted on the page, giving me little excuse for finding a verse to memorize for the week. I want to continue hiding His word in my heart and building up my treasures where they really count.
3. Run a half marathon. Last September, I did something I never thought I'd do - I started running. And, lo and behold, I found out I love to run. I have completed three short races (1, 2, and 3 miles), but this year I want to increase my mileage and finish a half marathon in September. Of course, right now, I am unable to run due to Achilles tendinitis, but hopefully with three more weeks of rest and physical therapy thanks to the help of my foot doctor, I will be able to run again.
4. Turn off the computer between breakfast and nap time and after nap time until bed time. I want to be more present and actively spending time with my kids, because I know one day I will miss this. And, I want to do more with my kids - early learning activities, projects and crafts, playing games, and outdoor adventures. So, I'm taking it one day at a time, but my goal is to be off the computer while my kids are awake.

Reading goal #4 reminded me that when mine were little (now 10 and 12) we didn't have high speed internet and I wasn't blogging or facebooking. It was so much easier to do all those activities, crafts and be outside. On Christmas when we watched video though it made me so sad that I'd never have those days back! I need to set times to turn my computer off too - preteen and teen years are important too!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
BTW I sent you an email re: the drawing. I found a calendar - amond other things :0) at Dayspring. The is the first year that I can remember that I don't have a calendar for the fridge yet! Thanks for the tip on such a great after Christmas sale.
Lovely list! I too need to remind myself to turn my computer off more and be more present.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
I used to have achilles tendonitis. Take care of those leggies!
ReplyDeleteWonderful goals! I too have a goal to lose weight. My daughter is getting married in June, so hopefully that is the motivation that I need to get going.
ReplyDeleteLove your computer goal...I, too, feel the same way. Thanks for sharing your goals!
ReplyDelete