
Moments like this, when I open my facebook page and read the words of a friend who's heart has been broken again, who's hopes have been deferred once more, make me tired, weary, longing for the other side of heaven.
Because this world, it is full of pain, heartache, loss, tears, brokenness...and it will never end this side of heaven.
Galatians 6:2 calls us to bear one another's burdens, because this is what the body of Christ is all about...but, some days, the load just seems too much.
I get caught up in the daily mess, the lengthy to do lists, the worrying about tomorrow, and it just takes one moment to remind me that there is more to this life than that.
Yes, there is pain, yes, there are tears...but this world is just a shell, a copy of the original that is much, much more beautiful and vibrant than what we see.
The season we are celebrating right now reminds me that there is One who came to this earth in the humble form of a newborn babe, wrapped in swaddling cloth, lying in a manger, with nothing but dirty shepherds and a host of heavenly beings to welcome Him here.
And that little One, who humbled Himself so to become man, to bear our burdens, to feel the pain, the tears, the mess of this world...came for much more than some lonely shepherds.
He came to remind me, to show us that there is more to come...that He loves us enough to wipe away our tears, wash away our sins, and one day welcome us to a place where there are no more tears, no more sorrow, no more loss.
And it's that hope I cling to when my soul is tired and weary of this world.
There is One who came to bear our burdens in a way only He can, to lay them at the foot of the cross, and wash them in the blood of the Lamb who was perfect, spotless, and holy.
(Dear sweet friend, may you hold onto that hope, that promise even through the tears. And know that you are not ever alone, because this body of Christ loves you and will bear this burden with you.)
Beautiful. That light in the darkness and that hope that He brings us can help us to keep putting one foot in front of the other, even when the weary parts of this world feel so heavy.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am so sorry for the hurt of your friend. This is a hard season for pain to come on fresh. And I know your weariness as someone loving her and seeing the brokenness in your life and others all too well too. So lifting prayers for you both right now.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful words! I especially love your Scripture quote from Galatians! In some small way, I feel like those who participate in the blogosphere (or even Facebook, really) fulfill that calling to bear one another's burdens, even if only "virtually".
ReplyDeleteGood stuff! And so true! I am a ministry wife, Preacher's Kid, and a licensed minister myself! I became so tired of carrying all the burdens and a very good man told me that even Christ didn't take care of everything while he was here on earth... He left some things for his disciples and followers to care for.
ReplyDeleteI remind my self of that when I become tired and weary of carrying too many burdens...and it makes it easier to let them down at His feet knowing He didn't call me to carry them all!
Blessings and prayers for your friend!
Kristi