Saturday, November 19, 2011

EMAB Triclosan Free Hand Wash: Review & Giveaway


Just by reading the title of this post, you might be wondering, what in the world is triclosan?  According to the FDA, it is "an ingredient added to many consumer products to reduce or prevent bacterial contamination".  It can be found in everything from soaps and body washes to toys and furniture.  Currently, the effects on humans are unknown, but that doesn't make it safe. 

I have become an advocate for organic and natural products since my daughter was born after noting the benefits of cloth diapers and generally being aware of what is in the everyday products we use.  There is so much we don't know about what we use...and, in my opinion, ignorance does not equal bliss. 

Both my children have very sensitive skin, so I've always been cautious about lotions, body wash, and diaper creams we use.  My daughter used to break out in horrible rashes that could only be cleared up with baking soda baths, letting her run around without a diaper, and using EMAB's Angel Baby Bottom Balm.  I can only use homemade laundry detergent, because the chemicals and toxins in most store bought detergents make her break out yet again. 


I recently had to switch my son to almond milk in place of regular milk, because he breaks out in a rash around his mouth whenever he has regular milk.  My daughter could only handle organic milk until she was two.  I recently discovered a gluten and dairy intolerance and became a Wildtree representative, which has made me more and more aware of what ingredients are going into our bodies through the foods we eat and the products we use. 


I was excited when EMAB shared an opportunity to review their USDA certified organic liquid foaming soaps in four different scents.  They were generous enough to send me four sample sizes of the soaps, just the right size to throw into my purse for when we are out and about.  I just hate using the harsh soaps found in public restaurants because they always make my skin dry and itchy. 


EMAB's soaps, on the other hand, leave my skin soft and refreshed.  Because they are USDA certified organic, they are made without any of the harsh chemicals and toxins found in most store bought soaps.  They are perfect for our sensitive skin and they smell so good too.  During my six weeks of substitute teaching, I kept one of the soaps on my desk to use instead of the soap in the bathrooms.  They would also be great products to send to school instead of the usual hand sanitizers. 

Would you like to win your own EMAB soap?  EMAB has generously offered to giveaway ONE large bottle of one of their four soaps (winner's choice) to one lucky reader.  To enter, simply leave a comment.  The giveaway will be open until Saturday, November 26th at 10 pm (CST) and a winner will be chosen on Sunday, November 27th. 

Be sure to check out EMAB's facebook page too and sign up for their newsletter to learn more about their great products. 

Disclosure: EMAB generously provided me with the products to review and a giveaway for this post, but the opinions expressed are completely my own. 

4 comments:

  1. We've got sensitive skin too. What a great idea to carry the sample sizes with you while shopping. Its not something I could do with regular soap but with the caps on those bottles it's a super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hands get so dry and crack and bleed this time of year. I wonder if these would help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay sample sizes do wonders when out and on the go! I actually get itchy hands & arms when I'm stressed so I have to be extra careful with lotions and soaps right now cuz I am very stressed! these would help a lot. luv ya cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use Melaluca laundry soap and I use their dish soap too because my hands break out - but hubby and I were just talking about the need to find a better hand soap. My hands are reacting to SOMETHING and my guess is that it is the hand soap so i would love to try this! I agree - going as natural/organic as possible is good, just not always very inexpensive. silygoos at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete