Sunday, November 20, 2011

Courageous Review & Giveaway


A few months ago, my hubby and I had the privilege of attending a pre-screening of the movie, Courageous.  It was an incredible and well done movie that I would love to watch over and over again.  The message is beautiful - a call for men to be courageous enough to stand up and be the men God has called them to be, to lead their homes in the way of the Lord.

Dayspring has partnered with the creators of Courageous to create a beautiful line of products.  They were generous enough to send me a resolution print just like the one used in the movie. 

photo credit: Dayspring

Here are the beautiful words written on this resolution:
THE RESOLUTION

I DO solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children.

I WILL love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.

I WILL be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.

I WILL bless my children and teach them to love God with all of their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their strength.

I WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly.

I WILL confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.

I WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.

I WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.

I WILL forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.

I WILL learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God.

I WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His Word, and do His will.

I WILL courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. ---Joshua 24:15
 In the past years, since we became parents, I have watched my husband grow into a man of faith who desires to be the leader in our home.  When I have struggled, he has been the one to remind me of God's promises and the truth that sets us free.  I am so thankful for his leadership and his desire to serve the Lord above all else. 
In the movie, Courageous, the main character creates this resolution out of a conviction to become the true leader of his home and to live up to the calling God has given him.  He challenged three of his friends to sign the resolution along with him as an outward sign of their commitment to serve the Lord in their role as leaders of their homes. 

Dayspring has also generously offered to giveaway ONE Resolution Print to one of my readers.  To enter, simply leave a comment here.  The giveaway will be open until 10:00 pm (CST) on Saturday, November 26th and a winner will be announced on Sunday, November 27th. 

If you haven't seen the movie, Courageous, check out this link to find a movie showing near you.  You can also send a free e-card or find where to purchase Courageous products. 

Disclosure: Dayspring provided me with a FREE product to review and giveaway for this post, but the opinions expressed are completely my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! We still have to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie...I agree that Courageous is an awesome movie! The best one that they have made! In fact I saw it for the third time today when I took a friend to see it. I wish EVERYONE would go and see it. There is something for everyone in it...but I especially wish men would see it and be challenged to be better husbands and fathers...and to live for God.

    I am glad that you have a godly husband. I applaud him. This world would be a much better place if men would follow God's word and resolve to be better husbands and fathers.

    And of course women should love their husbands and children and honor God in doing so.

    Thanks for posting this Stephanie.

    Love, Momma Linda

    ReplyDelete