Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Read A - Read A - Read A - Read A Book to Me

For the past month, I have probably turned on the television to watch a tv show a handful of times (which is actually much easier than you think because we only get a handful of channels...and the remote is often missing).  I have found that sitting in a quiet house reading a good book is much more relaxing and therapeutic than watching tv.  I find it easier to fall asleep after reading, because it helps to silence the millions of thoughts so often crowding my mind.  Here are just a few of the books I've been enjoying lately.

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story


Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No-To Take Control of Your Life (Inspirio/Zondervan Miniature Editions)

Boundaries, by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend

From Head To Foot: All of you living all for Him


All Things Hidden (Home To Heather Creek)

All Things Hidden, by Tricia Goyer

Ransome's Honor (The Ransome Trilogy)

Ransome's Honor, by Kaye Dacus

What books have you been enjoying? 

The winner of my Dayspring Giveaway is comment #4, Melissa!  I'll be emailing you the gift certificate code.  Congratulations!

The title from this post is from a song by one of my favorite childhood (and local) singers, Tom Pease

2 comments:

  1. Loved "Boundaries" when I had to read it for Stephen Ministry. I remember thinking that the world would be a better place if EVERYONE read it -- and applied the knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. I won an autographed copy and it's been waiting in my pile! I love reading.

    ReplyDelete