Tuesday, September 22, 2009

International Babywearing Week



Some of you might be wondering...what is babywearing?  Here's a great description I found on Babywearing International's website:

“Babywearing” simply means holding or carrying a baby or young child using a baby carrier. Holding babies is natural and universal; baby carriers make it easier and more comfortable, allowing parents and caregivers to hold or carry their children while attending to the daily tasks of living. Babywearing helps a new dad put a fussy newborn to sleep. It allows a new mom use both hands to make a sandwich. It lets an experienced parent or caregiver carry a baby on her back and wash the dishes, do the laundry, take a hike, weed the garden … all while keeping the baby safe and content.

In honor of International Babywearing Week, I thought I should post a few pictures of both Ted and I wearing Valerie in the Mei Tai carrier I made.  I also made a pouch sling that I can't wait to use with our baby boy and we are seriously considering purchasing an Ergo carrier soon.


Ted wearing Valerie on our trip to the UP


Me wearing Valerie when she was only a few months old


Pouch Sling waiting for baby boy


Also, if you want a chance to win your own Moby Wrap baby carrier, check out this blog.

***

I'm off to finish two orders I have waiting in my Etsy shop, but will be back sometime this week with posts about the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival, our Sweet Pea turning 14 months old, and a yummy recipe for hobo stew.  Hope you're enjoying your week!

2 comments:

  1. My girls never would let me carry them in one of those. They would just scream. Maybe I just needed a better one that was softer or something.

    Okay, something has been driving me crazy, and you may have said and I just missed it, but I never could figure out what UP was from your trip. What does that stand for? LOL!

    Oh, I got the taggie blanket and it was so adorable and soft and I loved the fabric pattern! I mailed it to my niece yesterday, because I wasn't sure when I'd see her again. I know she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea it was International Babywearing week or that such a thing even existed! Such cute photos of miss Valerie being worn! I LOVE my Hotsling but would love to try different ones because it hurts that one shoulder after awhile or so! Anyway, I am going to stop rambling now! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete