Speaking of being pregnant...I should probably get a belly picture up soon, huh? I've been feeling under the weather the past two days. My allergies set off a nasty sinus cold and I pretty much sat around the house all day Sunday. I barely had enough energy to do our much needed grocery shopping, but my hubby was sweet enough to make it a family trip. He also watched our Sweet Pea in the evening and got her ready for bed so I was able to go to bed at 8. I slept better, though I was woken up with wheezing in the middle of the night. Thankfully, my inhaler (I'm also asthmatic in case you were wondering...) helped and I was able to fall back asleep before too long. I was planning on getting another belly picture over the weekend...but have barely been out of my pajamas. So, I will try to get one taken sometime this week to share with you. I can hardly believe we will be able to hold our baby boy in our arms in 5 weeks!
Back to the bike race...Ted competed in the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival, the biggest race venue in Wisconsin. There are 1700 people who compete in the Chequamegon 40 race, which is a 40 mile course from Hayward to Cable. Valerie and I walked down Main Street to watch the start and then stopped at one of the spectator locations about halfway through the race before waiting for him at the finish. Last year he finished 28th and this year he finished 18th - pretty good for the size and competition of the race. He's hoping for a top 10 finish next year...and I'm confident he can do it. It was hard to get any good pictures, but here are a few...
Our nice hotel room at the Steakhouse Lodge - very cozy and clean
We got to watch the kids' race while we waited for the Chequamegon 40 to start
Pirates?
The start of the Chequamegon 40
The front of the pack...and Ted is somewhere in there...
I didn't have my camera turned on in time to get a picture of Ted here...but he's in that group passing through the tunnel
Glad to finally be done!
Hope you get to feeling better soon. You are such a trooper to go on all of these trips so late in your pregnancy! What an awesome wife you are!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for finishing up my order even though you haven't been feeling too good lately. I really appreciate it! I know the mommy of the blankets is going to be so happy to receive them!
P.S. It will be fun to see a new belly pic when you have the chance!
Hope you're feeling better! Those were some good pictures.....looks like a neat little town. I can't wait until time for your little one to arrive!!
ReplyDelete