Saturday, February 14, 2009

Update on my Grandpa Klein

2:00 PM - I talked to my mom while we were out grocery shopping earlier and it sounds like my grandpa is still in very serious condition. He definitely has pneumonia and they are doing all sorts of tests to find out what kind of bacteria is causing it. His heart is under a lot of strain too. According to my mom's last email, his "heart rate became extremely low at 30> beats per minutes early this AM. They started CPR and transfered him to ICU. He is on a ventilator now to breathe. He has been spiking fevers of 101 and 102." I really wish I could be there, but since I am still sick, I can't. Please continue to pray for healing...and also for my grandma. She is very tired and worried. My grandpa and grandma have the kind of marriage Ted and I desire to have when we are their age - they still hold hands, go everywhere together, and are always watching out for wach other. This is extremely hard for my grandma. Thank you so much for all your prayers. I am putting my hope in the Great Physician, whose hand I KNOW is working to heal my grandpa.

8:00 AM - I just got a call from my mom who sounded pretty upset. My grandpa's heart got really low and they had to do CPR to revive him. He is in the ICU now and my mom and grandma are there. I will let you know more as the day goes on. For now, I am begging you all to "dirty your knees" before the Lord in prayer for him. Thank you so much.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Steph... I know how you're feeling. My grandma had a stroke this past Monday and hasn't been responding to much stimuli and still seems to be asleep. She's in the Neuro ICU and my whole family is taking this one very hard. If it's her time to go, we're praying God takes her away in peace and that she won't suffer. My thoughts will be with your granda as well!
    -Kristin M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep him in our hearts and prayers.
    Utah Fochs'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie - My heart goes out to you and your family - I am praying for you in this difficult time. I grew up with your family and I love them all....Maria Wetzel (Ireton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kristin - my prayers are with your grandma too! I'm so sorry...

    Aunt Lynn - I so appreciate all your prayers. It's a comfort to know we have family and friends all over the country (and even in other countries) praying for my grandpa.

    Maria - Thank you so much for your prayers. I know how close your family is to mine and I'm sure this is hard news for you to hear too. Just keep on praying - God is more than able.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're thinking of you and your family. Hoping you can get better soon so you can be with him.

    ReplyDelete