Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Note to My Sweetheart

I know Ted doesn't usually read my blog entries...but I thought I would share this with all of you.

Dear Ted,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

I love the way you sneak up behind me and tickle me...

even when I'm not in a good mood...

it always tends to bring out a smile, as hard as I try to avoid
it.

I love when you kiss me goodbye before heading out the door to go
biking...

just because you know I will worry about you...

and it's your way of reminding me you'll be home soon.

I love that you curl up next to me in bed...

and tell me that I'll keep you warm...

when it's really you keeping me warm.

I love how you peak over my shoulder when I'm cooking...

just to smell the food and maybe sneak a little bite too...

and then grin when you think you got away with it.

I love the times you tell me you love me...

because you never say it just to say it...

and I know it means you love me no matter what.

I love watching you at your bike races...

because it makes me proud to call you my husband...

especially when all your hard work pays off with a 4th place
finish.

I love how dedicated you are to training for your bike races...

because, as much as I dislike the time committment...

it challenges me to never give up on my own goals.

I love that you chose to begin a healthy eating plan with me...

and that you cheer me on each day as I work hard to lose the baby
weight.

I love when you frown at me when I smile at you...

just to mess with me and to make me smile even more.

I love how our daughter has you wrapped around her fingers...

and how you love every minute of it.

I love the way you scoop her up in the air and make her giggle...

because it reminds me to thank God for the wonderful father he has made
you.

I love that you are wise with our finances...

because we'd be broke if I was in charge of them.

I love how you are a spiritual leader in our home...

by reminding me of bible verses in every situation...

and putting God first in our home.

I love the way you make me smile when I'm sad...

and you hold me in your arms when I cry.

I love that sometimes you know I just need some space...

but you are always there for me when I need you.

I love how you are so different from me...

because it challenges me to learn more about you each day...

and makes us rely on God's hand in our marriage.

I love the way I love you more today than the day we were
married...

and, most of all, I love that I will love you more tomorrow than
today.

I love you, my sweet Valentine!


No comments:

Post a Comment