Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bigger Picture Moments: A (Sort-Of) Farewell


I opened up my newsfeed this morning, all ready to be inspired and encouraged by one of my favorite writing communities when I saw this post.  My heart sank and my breath stopped short when I read the words "A Finale".  I don't know if I can ever fully put into words what this community has meant for me, but I will try...

I've been along for the ride from the beginning, waiting with anticipation when its creation was first hinted. Those first few weeks, I linked up with caution, wondering if my words were good enough to be found among the words of these amazing writers. 

In truth, I still hesitate with every post I write, because there's always this fear of what others will think and if my words are good and right.  But, ultimately, I write for an audience of One and His is the only approval that is worth seeking.  

When I first started writing my own Bigger Picture Moments, I was struggling to get out of bed every morning.  There was a long period where I didn't write at all, because the words were just too hard to write.  I was barely staying afloat through the raging storms that were grief, postpartum depression and anxiety, and post-traumatic stress. 

Once the words started to come, I opened up my heart as I shared the ups and downs of my journey with this community of writers.  I was overwhelmed by the women here who began to share their own stories and open up their hearts to me, a women they only knew through words on a computer screen.  These women gave me a safe place to heal and grow as a writer, a mom, a wife, a friend, a daughter

But, while this is a finale for Bigger Picture Blogs, it is not the end of friendships cultivated through blog posts or finding the bigger picture in the simple moments of life.  I've already connected with many of these amazing women beyond our blogs and look forward to continuing to share our lives through the beauty of the internet.  And I will continue to write my own Bigger Picture Moments as the words come, because it's in the simple moments of life where God teaches me and grows me the most and if I don't stop to smell the roses and embrace the moments I'm going to miss them. 


 

3 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I read this today... so grateful to have connected with you - with your soft, vulnerable heart and your deep, persevering faith. I look forward to continuing to visit you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    It sounds like Bigger Picture Moments was quite something. I know it's hard to see a door close, but to move forward, you've often got to change direction. I wish you and the entire community well. All will be well in time.
    Peace and good,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not "the end" at all! :) I appreciate you

    ReplyDelete