photo credit: Jonas' Designs
I bought myself a swim suit today,
A task I've dreaded in the past.
Because that dressing room mirror?
It magnifies every imperfect flaw
And brings back every insecure lie
Ever spoken to my heart.
But today truth won
And grace spoke,
Of curves and stripes
That bore precious gifts
Of battles fought and pains endured
That brought forth hope and healing.
So that mirror today?
It magnified Him
In an unexpected peace
And security found
In the arms of love
Who calls me His own
And graciously gives all things.
Linking up with Bigger Picture Blogs for this month's Bigger Picture Poetry prompt.


love this. and you? you ARE beautiful. regardless if there is a mirror around or not. we should not define our selves by the width of our stomach, but the width of our children's smiles... the lines, the drooping parts that scoop babies and give them a place to call home. I think we are more beautiful then ever. because being love for others and being loved in return... is there anything better or more radiant than that? and in your smile? all that goodness comes pouring out. xo.
ReplyDeleteNothing more beautiful than bearing new life. I'd rather bear those battle scars than a body that never had been privy to the creation of life.
ReplyDeletethat is inspiring!
ReplyDelete