Saturday, March 2, 2013

Premama Prenatal Vitamin Drink Mix Review

 
I was given the opportunity to host a Premama Mommy Party and, since my MOPS table this year is full of moms who are nursing or pregnant, I was excited to share this product with friends.  The long winter days here are making us all a little stir crazy, so this was the perfect excuse for a play date.  I set up the table with some healthy and easy snack foods including carrots with homemade hummus and apple and orange slices.  One of my friends brought some fresh strawberries and granola bars too.  Since the Premama mixes are best mixed with juice, I made some Kool Aid for all of us to drink with our snacks.  My daughter, of course, picked out the pink lemonade and, since we don't often have juice, the kids were excited to have a special treat. 


I've always had a hard time with prenatal vitamins making me sick.  When I was pregnant with Valerie, I just used Flintstone vitamins, because all the prenatal vitamins I tried would make me throw up.  When I was pregnant with Almanzo, a friend told me about New Chapter Perfect Prenatal vitamins.  Because they are made with whole food cultures, it was easier on my stomach.  The only other prenatal vitamins I've been able to handle are those in drink mix form, so I was excited to try Premama Prenatal Vitamin Drink Mixes.

I made the mistake of trying Premama in a plain glass of water the first time and it simply tasted like I was chewing on an actual vitamin.  Gross!  But, the moment I added it to my glass of Kool Aid, I had no idea there was even a vitamin mixed in with it.  My son even snuck a sip of it and didn't know the difference.  My friends also mentioned their own struggles with prenatal vitamins and were just as happy with the Premama drink mix.  Mommy Parties generously sent me enough boxes of Premama to send them each home with their own month supply.


Premama can be added to any juice, milk, or cold beverage, including smoothies.  I'm excited to try it with smoothies, because we love making smoothies in the summer for afternoon snacks.  Smoothies are a great energy boost when we're spending lots of time outdoors in the summer and we enjoy experimenting with different flavors.  I love that I can simply pour a Premama drink mix pouch into my smoothie and get my vitamins for the day at the same time.  I also love that they are gluten free, since I have a gluten sensitivity.  It's an easy to remember option for this busy mom and a great option for any mom looking for an easier to digest prenatal vitamin.  

You can find out more about Premama Prenatal Vitamin Drink Mix on their website and on Facebook.  They often share delicious smoothie and drink mix recipes on their Facebook page including a Cherry-Almond Smoothie and Kisses Chocolate Mousse.  You can find more recipes on their Pinterest page too.  Mommy Parties provided me with free supplies to host my own Premama Party in exchange for my honest review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment