you will look around and take your rest in security."
(Job 11:18)
Security: freedom from danger, risk, anxiety, doubt, or want; well-founded confidence; safety; protection from harm
When the day turns to night and the house is quiet but for the sound of gentle breathing from the three little ones we are blessed to call our own, I curl into bed and pull the covers up tight. My husband crawls in bed beside me, and, often without even asking, he knows that I long for the security of his arms around me.
Because in those quiet moments between awake and asleep...my mind is loudly at work filling me with worries and anxieties. But the moment my husband wraps his arms around me, my shoulders relax, my breathing slows, and my mind begins to quiet its bedtime wanderings.
There is something in the strength and calmness of his arms holding me tight that reminds me of the One who holds my every step safe and secure in His arms.
Matthew Henry says of Job 11:18 that "Those who have a good hope, through grace, in God, and of heaven, are certainly safe, and have reason to be secure, how difficult soever the times are through which they pass in this world." No matter what trials or storms come my way, I can hold onto to this hope and know that He is my safe place.

Linking up with Barbie for The Weekend Brew.

Oh this is beautiful my friend. Thank you so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words of hope...
ReplyDeleteReading this I could just see Father's arms wrapping around in His secure, loving hold.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
<><
What a beautiful verse. I don't think I had ever noticed that verse before. Thank you so much for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteGreat analogy... i LOVE this verse too especially considering where it is coming from too!
ReplyDelete