Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just Write: Peace

Photo via Instagram

Early in the morning, I slip out of our room.

The cabin is silent except for the soft sound of birds singing their morning blessings.

Bible in hand, journal propped open, pen posed for writing, I allow my fingers to do the talking, listening carefully for the still small Voice.

The sun is just beginning it's morning assent, flooding the mist covered lake with a gentle, calming light.

Good morning, Lord.

My soul whispers as I imagine His hands painting this masterpiece right before my eyes, a reminder of His promises, His steadfastness, His never ending presence.

Another day filled with grace, mercy, and a love I can't even begin to fathom.

My heart whispers thanks simply for the blessing of a new day.

And my fingers begin forming letters, words, sentences as I allow His words to penetrate my life.

Peace, like a river, or a quiet lake in the middle of God's creation, attends my soul.

Captivated by Him, I am ready to begin, a fresh start, a new beginning, a hope filled promise for the future, knowing without a doubt that it is well with my soul.  

Photo via Instagram


Linking up with Heather for this week's Just Write.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment