At the beginning of the year, I decided to create a facebook page for this blog. It's been a fun way to share blog posts that have inspired or encouraged me, pass along daily deals and fun links I come across, and interact more with my blog readers. I decided it would be fun to share a little giveaway for my facebook fans once I reached 75 likes and last week was the week!
So, as a thank you, I'm giving away a copy of Angie Smith's What Women Fear. Angie's blog is one of the first blogs I read. I just love Angie's writing and her heart for the Lord. This was definitely a book I could not put down until I finished it. As someone who struggles with anxiety, which often manifests itself in fear, I felt like she was reading my mind in so many ways.
But Angie knows, "there is a difference in learning from past mistakes and ruminating over the million-and-one-ways we might have done it better" (page 25). Nothing good comes from dwelling on the past, but sometimes it is still so hard to move forward. Angie writes from experience, because she knows what it is to live in fear. But she also knows what it is to live in freedom. Instead of letting the fear consume, she chooses to run to Him, lay it all at His feet, and rest on His promises.
I shared yesterday about the anxiety and fear that still grip me at times and how every day I have to remind myself to trust that He knows my tomorrow and that His grace is more than enough. It really is all about grace. The more I fear the unknown or even dwell on what I do know of the past, the more I realized how desperately I need Him...and how my very life depends on Him.
"You will walk for the rest of your days telling the story of redemption, not in words or deeds, but in your very existence. Not she who would have existed if not for that night, but rather, she who chased Him in faith, and refused to let Him go." (page 63)PS - You can find out more about Angie's book through videos and blog posts done by (in)courage's Bloom Book Club.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

My favorite bible verse for me when I'm fearful about something is Luke 1:37. I know it's not exactly about fear but I repeat it to myself when I do have fear and it brings an instant calmness about me. My other bible verse is Matthew 28:20.
ReplyDeleteAngie's blog was one of the first I followed too. Along with Kelly's Korner and it's so exciting the people I've met through those blogs!
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”
ReplyDelete~ Philippians 4:6-7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
ReplyDelete~1 Peter 5:7