Photo credit: Megathon Charlie
"See what kind of love the Father has given to us,
that we should be called children of God; and so we are..."
(1 John 3:1)
I could go on and on today, Father's Day, about the wonderful earthly daddy I've been blessed with, who has never once given up on me and has been one of my biggest cheerleaders throughout my life. Or I could go on and on about the husband God has blessed me with who makes my heart swoon each time I see the fierce love he has for our little ones and how much he loves being their daddy.
But, I know there are men and women who find today so hard, who grieve the loss of a father, wish they had known the love of a father, or hurt because of a father's betrayal. So, today, I want to share His words and the hope found in the only Father who never disappoints and never abandons.
Linking up with Barbie for Fresh Brewed Sundays...
...and with The Sunday Community at Jumping Tandem.



Beautifully said, Stephanie! Visiting from Barbie's this Sunday morning. Father's Day is hard for some -- I'm thinking of a 17-year old grandson who doesn't know who daddy is. Today he's visiting with an uncle and his family, and I hope that helps ease the pain of not knowing. Thanks for remembering those who may not rejoice in today's celebrations.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this. I have a hard time with Father's day when it comes to my own father. Thanks for the reminder that we have a perfect heavenly father.
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea for a father's day post. Our Heavenly Father is certainly worth recognizing and celebrating!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photograph paired with one of my very favorite verses. And thank you for the acknowledgement that this day (and Mothers' Day) are hard for a whole lotta folks. Nice piano music, too!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE to see a man playing the piano! This was a beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteGod bless,