1. The Anatomy of an Anxiety Attack (Diana of Hormonal Imbalances)
I've shared in this space my own struggles with clinical depression and anxiety. It's so hard to put anxiety into words, because it's more than just worrying. This is one look at what an anxiety attack is like, but they can be much, much worse and much, much more overpowering. I appreciate this writer's honesty and vulnerability in sharing something that is so hard to talk about and so easily misunderstood.
2. Do Something Amazing For Your Marriage (Tricia Goyer)
Those moments when I am struggling the most and my husband gently grabs hold of my hand and says, "let's pray, right now" are some of the most beautiful, intimate moments. In those moments I am most in awe of my husband's love for me...and, most importantly, his love for our God and his leadership in our home.
3. The Happy Mom Manifesto (Ann Voskamp of A Holy Experience)
Sometimes I open Ann's blog just to listen to the music, but her words are always a breath of fresh air. This post is a beautiful manifesto of motherhood. "The point is not a house as neat as a pin or Pinterest pinnable. The point is a house pinned together with sacrifice and Christ and love that can withstand any winds."
4. What the Mirror Doesn't See (Lisa-Jo of The Gypsy Mama)
Lisa-Jo has this beautiful way of summing up both the struggles and joys of motherhood in words that I can never quite find on my own but that I understand completely. This is a beautiful post about how there is always One who sees us, really sees who we are. "He, and He alone, truly sees me."
No comments:
Post a Comment