Monday, January 30, 2012

Joy Dare: Week 4

Coast path

Photo credit: treehouse1977

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
(Psalm 16:11)

 The quiet of last week was disrupted when my husband found out Tuesday afternoon he had to leave the next morning on a business trip for three days.  He had never gone on a business trip so far from home before and I immediately felt the panic start to rise.

It was fear that made me remember where I once was and how my husband helped me walk through that dark valley to find peace and contentment in Him.  And how would I manage for three whole days without him?

I know it might seem silly, but I didn't realize how much I depended on him until he had to leave.  I am so thankful my parents opened their home to us while he was gone...but, more importantly, for the fullness of joy He promises in His word, no matter what circumstances surround me.  He is the one who shows me the path to a life of freedom and hope and joy.

In Him alone is the fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore. 




67. His faithful love that endures forever
68. hope and acceptance despite my imperfectionns
69. this Truth: He not only does good, He IS good
70. a quiet morning with my little ones
71. parents who are always happy to open their home up to us
72. sweet goodbye kisses from my husband
73. a birthday gift card for Starbucks
74. time spent with my mom and dad
75. cell phones that allow my hubby and I to sing "Away in A Manger" to the kids before bed
76. two little ones who slept peacefully all night and waking to my smiling son saying "I wake, mommy!"
77. remembering as we clean the home that love built and continuing the legacy of love my grandparents left
78. freely sharing my heart with a sweet friend who ministered to me with her open home and heart
79. the joy of a reunion after three days of missing my husband
80. sitting beside my husband at the school auction and seeing his smile as he pulls me closer with his arm around my shoulders
81. my daughter's excitement and cooperation at her first dentist appointment today
82. a morning walk with a little bit of running and remembering why I am doing this
83. lovely goodies in today's mail - my birthday Kindle, two good books, and a new magazine subscription
84. de-cluttering the basement and getting rid of more "stuff"
85. friends reminding me I'm not alone
86. the words of our church worship ministering to my heart
87. reading Organized Simplicity and talking with my husband about how all the "stuff" in our life gets in the way of what really matters


No comments:

Post a Comment