This year, Ann has given a Joy Dare on her blog, a year of counting to 1000 gifts and truly living this life of eucharisteo. After discovering my word for the year, I just couldn't say no to this Joy Dare. This is not the first time this week that God has spoken words of joy to me, reaffirming the word He has given me for the year.
Sunday morning, Pastor had us open to James 1:2-12. And the first verse...was the exact same verse God laid on my heart for this year. That, my friends, is no coincidence. As Katie Weldon would say, it's a God-thing. And nothing short of amazing.
I'm keeping daily records of my 1000 gifts in this sweet notebook I purchased from Paper Coterie last year, but never finished counting to 1000. I started over at number 1 and I already find myself thinking throughout my day, "I must write this down!"
I'm also recording my thanks on my Girl of Grace facebook page, but, every Monday, I'm going to join Ann's link up to make this Joy Dare more official. Because, really, is there a better way to start my week?
Will you join me, friends? As Ann says, "God asks us to give thanks in all things, because He knows the feeling of joy begins in the action of thanksgiving."
Starting over at one and counting to 1000...
1: singing praise songs with my little ones and hearing them sing "Jesus loves me" in the sweetest voice
2: my weight loss journey so far and the determination to continue on this healthy living journey
3. being a stay at home mom and loving the privilege of watching my little ones grow
4. sunshine on a cold day
5. a new front door
6. hopping johns and grilled chicken and The Fresh 20
7. count it all joy (James 1:2)
8: blessings that come through rain drops
9: not letting comparison steal my joy
10: cuddling up in a blue jacket once worn by my sweet grandma
11: pictures of moments long past but never forgotten
12: 1-2-3 Money Plan book, a Christmas gift from my dad, who taught us to be wise stewards of the money God has given us
13: Psalm 1 and the gift of His word to lead me on the path of righteousness
14: Paper Coterie scrapbooks for two special loved ones (and a FREE code too!)
15: cards of love and encouragement from faithful prayer warriors
16: a Canon Rebel XTi to capture memories of a fun time spent at MOPS
17: gluten free bread for days when I miss comfort foods like toast with butter
18: a broken heart that reminds me I loved and was loved
19: a gentle hug in the morning from a husband who is not really a morning person and listening to him whistle as he cleans the growing pile of dishes that overwhelmed me the day before
20: laughing as my son sticks his face right up to mine and laughs at how close we are
21: pausing to enjoy a picture taking moment with two silly toddlers
22: a beautiful sunset as I left the house that love built and the sweet memories of years and years spent within its walls
23: sorting through old photos and discovering photos of my grandparents' first baby girl, Paula Marie, and beautiful black and white photos of my grandma as a young woman
24: coming home to a husband who spent the entire day working hard on a house project









No comments:
Post a Comment