Photo Credit: SoNo_PolarBear
My memory verse from last week (which I totally forgot about...so I'm working on it a week late) is the first part of James 1:17, "Every good and perfect gift is from above..." I've been thinking about this verse a lot this week, especially since my sister made her pregnancy official on facebook.
When she told us a few weeks ago, I was surprised and completely excited. I can't wait to spoil another little nephew or finally have a niece to shower with pink and frills. But the most exciting part of her announcement came when she told us her due date - August 28th.
To most people it is just another day, but to our family it has a special place in our hearts. On that day in 1948, my Grandpa and Grandma Klein began their journey of life together, a marriage that lasted 62 beautiful years and has been the most precious legacy to us.
I can still clearly picture in my head seeing my sweet grandfather hold out his hand to my grandma as they were walking through the woods at my uncle's house. Theirs was a love that was not just empty words, but a lifetime of holding each other and walking together in good times and in bad times, in sickness and in health.
When my mom reminded us what that date meant, I immediately saw a picture of my grandpa and grandma, holding hands and walking through life together...and I knew this was one of those good and perfect gifts from above. Because it's no coincidence that her due date is that exact day. It is a blessing that comes through rain drops, a reminder that, even when life is hard, God is working all things together for good to those who love Him and are called by His name.
Linking up with Bigger Picture Moments at Melissa's today.



Such a wonderful gift! How sweet that your sister's baby has such an amazing due date.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your sis. And that is so cool about the delivery date. He works in amazing ways.
ReplyDeleteIt is like a special blessing on this little baby!
ReplyDeleteLove those little ways that He shows us His hand in our lives -- it's thrilling and so comforting, isn't it? Congrats to your entire family on the news!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful gift!! My son shares his (late) papa's bday. I truly believe that these dates reoccour and are a gift from God! :))
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet gift and such a lovely reminder of the love and heritage of the family!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! It ISN'T a coincidence, is it? It was planned out by a Creator who cares even about those smaller details of life. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteGod is so good! A new life to look forward to on an "old" date!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I love the new blog layout. (It might not be new anymore since I get your updates in my reader, but it's new to me.)
Best wishes on the Bible memory work. It's something I'm working hard to do this year myself. I became convicted about it at the end of last year and decided to make it part of my devotional routine. My old brain is really struggling with this but if the Lord told me to do it He'll give me the ability to obey His instructions.
Congrats to your sister!!!
ReplyDelete