Photo credit: i.tokaris
My sister shared this song with me the other day and the words, oh the words, how true and beautiful they are.
I've been a walking heartache / I've made a mess of me / The person I've been lately / Ain't who I wanna beThe past two years have seen me through some of the biggest storms of my life. I've been broken, defeated, helpless, lost. I've been a mess.
But you stay here right beside me / Watch as the storm blows through / And I need youNever once did you stop loving me. You loved me through the tears, through the anger, through the heartbreak, through every single mess I found myself in. You encouraged me, prayed with me, loved me, and did everything you possibly could to help me heal.
God gave me you for the ups and downs / God gave me you for the days of doubts / For when I think I've lost my way / There are no words left to say, it's true / God gave me youIn good times - the birth of our two beautiful children, the moments that take my breath away, the exciting adventures we take as a family - and in bad times - the depression and anxiety that robbed me of joy, the death of the grandfather I so dearly loved, the long and scary NICU stays, the hurt and pain I've endured.
In every single up and down you continued to say I do.
For the days when I doubted I would ever feel whole again, for the moments I felt completely hopeless and lost, you were there holding out your hand, pulling me into your arms, and gently rocking me in the silence of your unconditional love.
For the moments I doubted who I was and who God had made me to be, you reminded me of His promises, showing me how to once again lift up my eyes to the hills and praise Him even in these storms.
On my own I'm only / Half of what I could be / I can't do without you / We are stitched together / And what love has tethered / I pray we never undoIn marriage, two become one. Somehow, despite how vastly different we are, we fit and together we are much better than we are alone. I couldn't have gone through these storms without you - my biggest cheerleader, my constant companion, my unconditional lover, my best and truest friend.
I love you, Ted...and every single day of my life I will continue to say I do.
Linking up with Bigger Picture Moments today.

awwww, this is my favorite BP moment this week! So beautiful and inspiring and comforting. I love that you have him in your life and "fit together," too. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great song. I love that it recognizes the third party in the union. I am glad that God is with you in your marriage and that he gave you each other!
ReplyDeleteSo so so so so very sweet and endearing. I loved this post. Just loved it!
ReplyDeleteAlita
Oh, Steph. *This* is marriage - you summed it up so well - continuing each day to say I do. What a beautiful, shimmering picture of loving each other as He has loved us. Thank you so much for sharing this piece of your life and for writing it out so beautifully.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a tender tribute to your husband, and the way a relationship rooted in love for the Father is the most nourishing, comforting kind.
ReplyDeleteSo lovely! I love reading about marriage (and not the complain-ey posts!) Really beautiful, thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete