Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pea Shoot Pasta

We decided to join a CSA (community shared agriculture) this year, so every week we receive a box full of fresh, local produce.  This week's box contained green garlic, bok choi, pea tendrils, spring mix (lettuce), radishes, turnips, strawberries, and spinach.

6-23 Produce Share

So much deliciousness! 

I've never been a huge fan of radishes, but there was a recipe in this week's newsletter for Pea Shoot Pasta.  I decided to give it a try and it was better than I expected.  The best part is it can be eaten cold, so I'm going to pack the leftovers for tomorrow's bike race.  Yum!

Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pea Shoot Pasta

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz Gluten Free macaroni
  • 1 cup sliced radishes
  • 1 cup chopped pea tendrils
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 2 green garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 cup Vegenaise
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • salt/pepper
  • 1 Tbsp dill 
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
Cook pasta according to directions.  Drain and add peas, pea shoots, radishes, and meat.  In another bowl, combine Vegenaise, almond milk, dill, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and green garlic.  Mix well and pour over pasta and vegetables.  Chill and enjoy. 

2 comments:

  1. That pasta looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds so good! I'm curious how all the gluten free and dairy free eating is going! And I miss you. :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete