
This afternoon, I finally dragged myself to the doctor. My throat was feeling worse again and I was feeling so exhausted. My doctor confirmed what I had been trying to ignore - I have a sinus infection and possibly strep throat (which she didn't actually test me for because both infections are treated with antibiotics) due to continuous allergy problems. The cold my little ones passed along to me was made worse by my allergies, but, on a good note, it was not made worse by my asthma. That means my asthma is once again under control (thanks to Advair), but my allergies need some help. So, I am once again on a regimen of allergy medications, but I am just so thankful to have a doctor who knows exactly what is wrong and the medications to help me finally get better.
I meant to write about Ephesians 2 last night, but I was too tired to even read it. I finally read it this morning, but was too tired to blog about it during nap time. So, here I am, finally, but I'm obviously still a day behind. Hopefully, the medicine will do its job and I will be able to get caught up by the end of the week. I would also love to share about our weekend getaway. For now, I'm just going to share my study of Ephesians 2.
The first half of this chapter reinforced the fact that we are saved by grace through faith. I was struck by the hopelessness of man without God in the first few verses. Without Him we are helpless sinners, dead in our trespasses, living in the passions of flesh, carrying out the desires of body and mind. We are called sons of disobedience and children of wrath. But God...I just LOVE the way these two words are used here, because it gives me hope when all hope seems lost...is rich in mercy and has a great love for us. He made us alive together in Christ because of the immeasurable riches of His grace.
Oh, I just cannot get enough of those words and the fact that they are meant for me. He made me alive in Christ and He has a great love for me. Even better yet, He has a great love for the ones here on earth whom I love dearly; He loves them more than I ever could and has given them the same immeasurable riches of grace. And, dear ones, He has a great love for you too. Do you know that? Do you believe that? John 3:36 says, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him." He has given us a very clear choice - believe in Him and have life or believe not in Him and remain dead.
In verses 11-22, Paul once again brings up the fact that in Christ we are all one. Just as Galatians 3:28 said "you are all one in Christ Jesus", Ephesians 2 says, "so then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God". I often hear the news talking about peace talks between nations or peace rallies where people try to promote world peace. But there will never be peace on this earth without Christ, because the only way we can be united as one people is in Christ. John 16:33 says, "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." I will put my hope in Him, because He has overcome the world.
Stephanie, this part of Ephesians is so good. (It's all good really) Thanks for sharing...and I hope you will be feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete~love it. I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Rest and get better soon. Blessings!
ReplyDelete