Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Reading List

One of my goals for 2010 is to read the many books I've bought in the past few years that I haven't finished reading yet...before buying new books!  I was thinking it would be fun to share my reviews of the books as I finish them too.  Most of the books are non-fiction, because I have the hardest time remaining interested in them.  I start them, read a chapter or two, get bored, resort to reading a fiction book that I can devour in a day, and somehow forget about the book I intended to read altogether.  So, here is my reading list for 2010:

Don't Make Me Count to Three! by Ginger Plowman

The Heart of Anger by Lou Priolo

ABC of Asthma, Allergies, & Lupus by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.

Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions by Randy Alcorn

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

Confessions of a Prayer Wimp by Mary Pierce

Breathe: Creating Space for God in a Hectic Life by Keri Wyatt Kent

Lies Women Believe And The Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss 

The Hiding Place: The Triumphant Story of Corrie ten Boom with John & Elizabeth Sherrill

Tramp For The Lord (Sequel to The Hiding Place) by Corrie Ten Boom with Jamie Buckingham

Spilled Milk: Breastfeeding Adventures & Advice from Less-Than-Perfect Moms by Andy Steiner

Natural Family Planning Blessed Our Marriage: 19 True Stories by Fletcher Doyle


What Mothers Do, Especially When It Looks Like Nothing by Naomi Stadlen

The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

Daughters of the Promise series (Plain Perfect, Plain Pursuit, and Plain Promise) by Beth Wiseman

Simplify Your Hectic Life by Annie Chapman with Maureen Rank

The Honest Herbal by Varro E. Tyler, PhD

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

7 comments:

  1. You've got your work cut out for you. I, too, love reading, but tend to resort to fiction when reading books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long list....definitely let us know how they are. I love to read and I'm always looking for a good book. I will be mailing out your book tomorrow, so you can add that one to the list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so a fiction reader as well!

    but it looks like a great list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I tend to read more nonfiction lately! I love shepherding a Child's Heart. I think I need to read it again, though, to make it more a part of my mindset. And I want my husband to read it with me...nothing like being on the same page, literally and in parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an ambitious book list! Good for you, girl! Currently, I have started Love & Respect. It's a book we will be covering in my Family Life Group with our church group. It is about wives needing love and husbands needing respect. Other than that, I have committed to reading the bible in a year :) Following HeartLight's Bible Story plan. Wish me luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have a great list! I can't wait to hear all about them-although how you're going to find time to read with those babies around amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a list! I will be especially interested in hearing about the books that are about Mommyhood and Natural Family planning!

    P.S. Got your comment from earlier. So cool that cupcake 10 is coming up soon! That will be something I'll look forward to hearing all about too!

    ReplyDelete