Monday: Sloppy Joes (with Wildtree's Sloppy Joe Blend...delicious!)
*Make extra to freeze*
Tuesday: Chicken & Broccoli Fettucine Alfredo (with Wildtree's Alfredo Extraordinaire...seriously, this stuff is AMAZING!)
Wednesday: Hobo Stew (I'll have to ask my uncle Rick for permission to post this recipe ; )...which is
super yummy and easy)
*Make extra to freeze*
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
(My hubby requested this meal. Is it possible to freeze mashed potatoes?)
Saturday: Chicken Dumpling Soup
*Make extra to freeze*
Sunday: (Church Potluck Day) Green Bean Casserole & Homemade Bread
(Can I freeze green bean casserole too? I could probably freeze a loaf of homemade bread too.)
I'd love to hear more ideas from you about meals that are quick, easy, and freezable...so comment away!
I also do weekly meanu planning..It is great because if I forget to take something out I can just switch things up and do some thing different..And the grocery shopping is great you do over shop..
ReplyDeleteSorry do not over shop.. :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Stephanie...
ReplyDeleteMy guess is that you could try to freeze mashed potatoes... but that they would be icky once you thawed them. Just guessing... If you want the convenience of mashed potatoes without much fuss, I suggest buying packets of Idahoan brand mashed potatoes. They are THE BEST reconsitituted mashed potatoes I've ever had -- the Yukon Gold especially. And they literally take minutes to make with water and/or skim milk.
I believe that you can freeze green bean casserole, too... and that that will likely taste pretty good once thawed. But I would go easy on the french fried onions in the first place and then go crazy with more once you thaw it for "the second round."
Oh, and post away with the Hobo Stew recipe. It's so stinkin' good, everyone who reads your blog will love it! :)
Chicken and Dumplings sounds so good...think we're going to have to plan that around our house soon too!
ReplyDeleteLove the freezing idea...that will be so convenient during those first few weeks.
My kids favorite is sloppy joe squares...make your sloppy joe meat like you do...line a baking dish with Pillsbury croissants...fill with the meat....top with grated cheese like cheddar and add another layer of croissants. So easy!
ReplyDeletelove the wildtree useage! :0) feel free to link to my site if you'd like to direct ppl there. :0) and you should totally purchase an ergo carrier. i love ours!! it's so simple to use and so nice. hope these last few weeks go well for you!!
ReplyDelete