Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MckLinky Weekly Blog Hop: Favorite Recipes

This week the theme for the MckLinky Weekly Blog Hop is Favorite Recipe. Anyone who participates will receive a FREE recipe book! Go here for more information about this week's Blog Hop.

I've already posted a few of my favorite recipes, but here's one more that we LOVE:

Our Own Hummus
1 can pinto beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 garlic clove
1/2 - 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp paprika
pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients in blender until well blended. Eat with crackers, chips, or fresh veggies or serve on tortillas with avocado, spinach, and salsa for a delicious and healthy snack.

Our hummus recipe is one of Ted's favorites. I found a recipe for Hummus in my favorite cookbook, The Joy of Cooking, and modified it to make it our own. I don't eat it as much while I'm pregnant, but it really is delicious. We usually have to make a new batch every week, because we eat it so fast!


MckLinky Blog Hop



No comments:

Post a Comment