Monday, June 1, 2009

It's A...

BOY!


We are very excited to meet our sweet little son! Everything looked great on the ultrasound. I love how perfectly formed each little piece of him is - such a beautiful reminder of our awesome Creator God. We were blessed to receive a CD of some video of the ultrasound, so I thought I'd share that here along with some pictures. Enjoy!





Oh, one more thing...he was measuring around 18 weeks, instead of 20 weeks, which probably just means I'll be due later in October than my original due date. As long as I have a healthy baby boy (...without a helicopter ride to the NICU...) I can deal with that. I don't have my next OB appointment until next week, so I'll see what my doctor says then.


***

Yesterday was the 2nd WORS race of the 2009 racing season and what an EXCITING day it was for the Hanes family! The course was VERY bumpy, according to Ted, and the laps were longer than most courses - almost 10 miles. The Elite riders did three laps (so about 30 miles) and the winner finished in just 2 hours, 11 minutes. (On a mountain bike course, especially a bumpy one, that's REALLY fast!) After the first lap, Ted was riding solo in 6th place. (Remember, his last race he finished in 7th, so this was a GREAT start for him.) By the end of the second lap, there was a larger gap between the leaders and the next group of three people. Ted was stilling riding solo, but was slowly closing the gap with the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place riders. The leaders came flying in for an exciting last minute sprint on the final lap with Brian Matter finishing 1st and Jesse LaLonde finishing 2nd. They had increased their gap by FIVE minutes ( - did I mention they're FAST?! - ) and I was quite excited to see Ted flying in for a THIRD place finish at 2 hours, 16 minutes. AMAZING! This is his best finish yet AND it's only the beginning of race season! I forgot my camera at my parent's house, so I was only able to get two pictures and some video with my cell phone (which doesn't have the best picture quality). They're a little blurry, but the best I could do...

Overall Top Elite Men

Age Group Top Elite Men


Legendary Start to a WORS Race


Top Elite Men Awards


***

Thanks for the AMAZING response to my 100th post giveaway! I can't wait to find out who the winner is! If you haven't already signed up, you still have until Thursday at 8:00 pm Central to enter. (Make sure you leave your comments for the giveaway on the previous post.)

Also, I mentioned at the end of the giveaway post that I can no longer sell the Fleece Ribbon Blankies. To make a long story short, Taggies Inc. has a patent on make more than one fabric loop (between 1 and 2 inches long) and sewing them between two pieces of fabric. I was very upset when I found out, but have come up with some new and improved blankie designs of my own that I'm very excited about. I hope to reveal them by the end of the week and have a few pre-made ones up for sale in my Etsy shop.



14 comments:

  1. yay!! praise the lord!! how exciting. i've been refreshing this since i saw your fb status!! yay yay yay. now dustin has a new friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your sweet baby boy! I know that you are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on having a boy!!!I can't wait until you start a baby naming post?? have you already done so or are you going to?? I LOVE baby names!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a boy!! Good thing we didn't do the purple shirt, huh?! LOL!! I thought for sure it would be a girl.....maybe because all we can seem to have around here are girls. Ha! Congratulations!! How exciting! Let me know what color you would like his shirt letters to be and I'll try to get them made this weekend. Oh yeah....any names picked out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do have a name in mind, but are keeping it a secret. That way we have another surprise to share and can still change our minds.

    I can't wait to meet him now...and have a new motivation to finish all my sewing projects so I can sew some baby boy things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Stephanie! I was right this is so awesome. Our friends at church are having a girl but had a little boy last year. Kennedy is due to arrive in July same month as youth camp (our church owns its own campground and we host 3 other churches) Amanda and Jeremy are our youth pastors thankfully that month they'll have lots of help. I can't wait to find out what you'll call him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!!! Exciting :)

    I'm excited to see your new designs for your blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah!! I voted for a boy!! I'm so excited for you! And way to go to your hubby! That is awesome! Joel would love to do mountain bike racing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie...I was away from the computer for a long while and when I got back I got your comment. I totally freaked out when I read how you said something about BOY! I came immediately here to read your post. Can I just tell you how excited I am for you! Now you will have one of each...so perfect!!!

    I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to sell the taggie blankie anymore. I guess I will have to be one of the few who owned one of your originals, LOL!

    Hope you have a great week and I am so excited that you have gotten so many entries into your giveaway. That is just so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited your having a boy! And that is so so awesome for Ted to come into 3rd place. He is really working hard. Let's see if this will post for me or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo hoo Steph I actually posted, as anonymous, but it posted. Kimberly Struska

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Glad to hear everything looked good on the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! Congrats on having a sweet little boy on the way! That is so exciting! I am glad everything looks great with him. I can't wait to see pictures of his beautiful face when he arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your baby boy!! How exciting :)
    Now we both are going to have one of each...yay!
    Love the ultrasound pictures, so precious!

    ReplyDelete