Monday, May 18, 2009

Eagle Scout

Waiting for the ceremony to begin


Lighting the candles


My grandpa Klein giving the invocation

Our family friend, Ann, reading about the 100 Scouts

Scout Oath

How many Scouts does it take to tie a bandana?


Receiving his Eagle pin from Mom


Pins to honor Mom & Dad


Cake made by Aunt Michelle

Troop 1

I just wanted to share these pictures of my youngest brother. I can hardly believe he's so grown up already and am SO proud of him for all the work he put into earning his Eagle award for Boy Scouts. Way to go Dan! If you know my family, scouting is part of who we are...my two sisters and I earned our Gold Award and two of us are Lifetime Members while my other brother also earned his Eagle award and is still active as an adult member of his troop. I wish I could find the picture my mom has of all five of us in our scouting uniforms. I'll have to post it when I find it.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your brother! My parents never got us involved in Scouts as kids, so I never knew of the importance of it all until just a few years ago, when my Hubby's boss's son became an Eagle Scout. It was such a HUGE deal for them and their family and they invited us to a big party to celebrate. It was such a good time and I got to see just how special it was!

    Hope you have a great week. I'll look forward to your post from your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I used to be the troop leader for Madison's Daisy Scouts and then Brownie Girl Scouts, but I just couldn't continue after Lily was born. We aren't involved in it anymore, but I know what a huge deal it is to reach Eagle Scout. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your brother! I do not know much about the scouts but do know that Eagle Scout is a big deal!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations to your brother!

    ReplyDelete