Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fun from the Past Few Weeks

Here are some photos from the past few weeks that I meant to post earlier. Enjoy!

Valerie and I took a day trip to visit my friend Jill and her sweet baby girl, Alathia

Ted toured a company near where my cousin, Randy, and his wife, Alissa, live, so Valerie and I had a chance to visit them too. Jonah was fascinated by her and kept asking me to take pictures of him with Valerie.

And, of course, he wanted a picture of himself too. Silly boy!

Jonah and his mom (Alissa) - I think Jonah is excited to have another baby brother/sister soon too!
Caleb wasn't all that excited to see Valerie, especially when she got to play with all the fun toys!


My brother, Dan, came to visit us over his Spring Break last week. We had beautiful weather, so we decided to take advantage of it by going for a walk.


We also went to Lakeside Park for a little while. (Valerie was quite fussy, so it didn't last long.) I did get a few pictures of her. This is my favorite...Dan and I decided she looked like a little Amish girl with her bonnet and black coat. So sweet!


On Good Friday, all three of us took a short trip to visit my Great Grandma D. Grandma loved seeing us (especially Valerie!) and Valerie kept us all entertained.


I got her all dressed up in one of her Easter onesies, since we knew we wouldn't see Grandma D on Easter.


Playing with Daddy's sunglasses


Smiles for Great-Great Grandma D



And, finally, for your viewing pleasure...my sleeping beauty



4 comments:

  1. As my Mom used to say, there's just nothing sweeter than a little bald-headed baby! She's so beautiful! She reminds me of my little girls when they were that age. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.......I LOVE the sleeping one! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. i love the baby legs!! are they actual 'baby legs' or some other brand?! they are too cute. i also thought she looked like a little amish girl. but so cute. my grandparents used to take us to lakeside park all the time when we were little! i have fond memories of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies - I may be slightly partial, but she's the sweetest baby I know ;). And the 'baby legs' were actually made by a friend of mine out of some women's knee high socks. I love them, except my daughter loves to pull them off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie! Thanks for the compliments on my tutus! I found instructions online how to make them and they are so simple....I never knew how easy they were to make before. Those are the only ones I've made and I may make some for my business. I hadn't really thought much about it. The instructions I found used elastic waistbands, but I've heard some people use ribbon and then just tie it in a bow to secure it around the waist. I think the ribbon would work better because when they put on the elastic ones, the elastic tends to stetch out and then the tulle isn't together as neatly as before.

    You just cut your strips of tulle. The strips should be double the length that you want the skirt to be. So if you want a 10" long skirt, cut the strips about 20-21". Then you are going to fold the strip in half so that you have a loop at the top. Put the loop under the waistband and then bring the ends of the tulle around the waistband and through the loop that you made to make a slip knot around the waistband. Just pull the knot tight and move on to the next strip of tulle. Do that until you've made enough to make whatever fullness you want for the skirt and then if you've used ribbon for the waistband, just tie the loose ends of the ribbon to close the skirt. Super easy!

    If you have any questions, just let me know. Sometimes it's hard to describe without having pictures to go with the instructions. :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete